Saturday, July 10, 2010

Brylee's 4th Of July Animal Adventure

Some highlights from Brylee's first visit to the zoo:

1) Going on a 'quick' geocache hunt while waiting for my grandparents to show up. No find, but we did see some cool lizards and frogs!

2) Watching her try Macaroni and Cheese with Veggies for the first time (she loved it!)

3) Her excitement when she saw the fish and turtles up close and personal...I think they are the only things she really 'saw'

4) Her falling asleep against her Poppy

5) Watching her 'sneak up' on her great grandfather and hitting him on his back to surprise him

6) Seeing her and her T-Ma and Great Granny play together

7) Her opportunity to touch a snake for the first time...which she really didn't do with her hands, but her feet...

We literally only saw 1/2 of the zoo because it was getting very hot and we were getting tired. Brylee made the final decision for us when she woke up screaming because she was dehydrated. We gave her some juice, and she was a happy kid again, but at that time we started making our way towards the front of the zoo, skipping the lions, tigers, bears, birds, and many others. That's ok, though...just gives us reason to go back when the weather is a little cooler!












































Grandpa had just gotten out of the hospital a couple of days earlier with being anemic and over-exerting himself. He has been wanting to go to the zoo, so I was glad they joined us, but we worried about him getting sick again. He did great--And I loved seeing both of them!







































































This little guy was my favorite to see. He never moved, but kept his head and neck stuck out as if he were showing off. I would love to have one for myself!










2 Otters playing in the water. When one thought the other got too rough, it would run out of the water, and then back in again. It was so much fun watching them!



























Loved visiting the Museum, and highly recommend it! You could see alligators so up close, and there was even a restaurant area where you could watch the turtles, fish, and alligators swimming around. Great place!!!


























1 comment:

autumn said...

We LOVE the zoo! It is so worth it to get memberships at the Ft. Worth and Dallas Zoo..I can take the kids as often as I want, and I don't feel guilty if we only stay an hour.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...