Friday, April 4, 2008

The Yummy Surprise

Date night is Friday night. Most of the time it consists of going out to eat, then going to a movie, shopping, or perhaps trying to figure out a way to change it up.

Cary did a great job of changing it up for me this last Friday.

All week long he kept giving me 'clues' to what we were doing, a.k.a., dress casually, then dress nicely. Then for me to hurry home, and then asked me which exit I left my job to meet me.

And when I got home? I found streamers and a pinata hanging around the tiny apartment, 'Cars' plates and napkins, and food ingredients for pizza!

What a wonderful surprise!

Cary revealed that he wanted us to have a game night, and had out our Uno, Hoopla, and Zigity.


So we put together our pizzas with the ingredients we wanted and had quite an interesting time cooking them. As you can see in the picture, mine is a little scrunched up and doesn't look much like the typical pizza shape.

I made mine simple: Canadian bacon! Cary went a little more exciting with pepperoni, onion, and pineapple. Yep, that's right...I love simple pizzas!


But it was oh-so-delicious! We stayed up late playing games, running out for last minute ice cream, and just having a great time being together.








I love the surprise that Cary had for me! What a wonderful way to end another long work week!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...