Thursday, November 18, 2010

Birthday Note


Dear Brylee,

A year ago today I laid on a bed surrounded by friends and family, heart and blood pressure monitors, and was denied any form of food or beverage, just waiting for our lives to change forever. I had no idea what kind of change that would be.

You came into our lives when you were just 36 weeks in development, but to me, that 36 weeks could not prepare me. In fact, I often say that God put you into our lives at the time He did because had I waited too much longer, I would have been far beyond nervous, thinking about the things that had to be done to prepare for you. I hadn't even packed my bag for the hospital yet!

When I first held you, late into the evening after surgery and a short, drugged rest, I didn't know what to do. You were this tiny being that your daddy and I were now responsible for, and I didn't feel all that maternal. I have seen television shows and stories from people around me how they cried happy tears when they first lay eyes on their child. I didn't. What was wrong with me?!

Looking back now, 1 year ago, it must have been shock. Because now, I crave so much time with you. I love to watch you smile, laugh, and explore. Nothing gives me more fulfillment than when you talk, kiss, and make your little expressions. I look at you and just can't believe that something so beautiful has half of my genes.

I don't know how you did it, but you managed to steal the hearts of so many. To see the people around you melt when you smile, and laugh when you pull your silly acts, lets me know that you truly are a blessing from above. Is it normal to have men like your Uncle Brad and Uncle Bill coo over babies? It is quite a sight to see!

Brylee, I know this world has so much for you. So much to explore and take in. And someday to apply your talents. But for now, I cherish holding you and showing you the simple things and watch your imagination grow. You are my little love, my Brylee bear...my little angel.

Happy birthday to my beautiful little girl. May God continue to show you His wonders and guide us as you grow to be the best child you can be for Him.

Love always,

Mommy

34 comments:

T-ma said...

Happy Birthday Brylee!

WhitKnee said...

I love that letter! Do you keep a journal for her to read when she's all grown up?

Happy Birthday Brylee!!

Jenn said...

From T-ma via email:

IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1!IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1!IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1!IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1! IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY, YOUR 1!

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BRYLEE!!!!!!!!!!!

Jenn said...

From T-ma via Facebook:

T-Ma: ♥♥♥ HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY BRYLEE ♥♥♥ Thank you for turning our world upside down! Thank you for being my STOP button. Thank you GOD for such a wonderful Blessing! Love you T-MA

Jenn said...

From B-pa via Facebook:

Happy 1st Birthday to Brylee, my wonderful granddaughter who, along with my wife, daughter and her husband is the center of my universe. Love always to you, and all the best Brylee!

Jenn said...

From Amy Corry via Facebook:

Oh happy Day!!! It's Brylee;s birthday! have some cake for me!

Jenn said...

From Dawn Bethke via Facebook:

HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY BRYLEE!!!! Ihear they have a wonderful day planned for you this weekend.

Jenn said...

From Uncle Eric via Facebook:

Happy birthday Brylee. Love ya

Jenn said...

From Susan Tandukar via Facebook:

WOWWWWWWWW!!!!!! I can't believe it. Happy Birthday Sweet girl!!!!!

Jenn said...

From Susan Tandukar via Facebook:

Happy birthday Brylee!!! You are a very special little girl! HUGS~

Jenn said...

From Faith via Facebook:

Happy Birthday Brylee! Love you!

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenn said...

From Faith via email:

Happy Birthday to Brylee, Happy Birthday to Brylee, Happy Birthday to Brylee..........Happy Birthday to you! Love you! Aunt Faith

Jenn said...

From Nancy Ory (former co-worker):

What a beautiful note!! Happy Birthday Brylee!

Jenn said...

From Marti Kuhle via Facebook:

Happy Birthday Brylee.... may all you b'day wishes come true!

Jenn said...

From Erica via Facebook:

Happy Birthday Brylee!!!!

Jenn said...

From Brad via Facebook:

SHE IS ONE!
*Happy Birthday Brylee*

Jenn said...

From Miss Carol (daycare) via Facebook:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my SMILEY BRYLEE!!!!!

Jenn said...

From Autumn via Facebook:


Happy Birthday!!!

Jenn said...

From Kiera Fleming (former co-worker) via Facebook:

Happy Birthday Brylee!!!!!!! Where has the time gone?????

Jenn said...

From Tammy Britton via Facebook:

Happy B-day Brylee!!

Jenn said...

From Isa Sanchez via Facebook:

happy happy birthday!!!

T-ma said...

Marti Martin Kuhle said..Happy Birthday Brylee.... may all you b'day wishes come true!

TMA said...

Brad McFadden said...SHE IS ONE!

TMA said...

Margaret Thomas Stuart said... Happy birthday Brylee!!!

TMA said...

TMA said.... Thanks everyone. Brylee had a wonderful day, much like all her days! She is blowing a kiss your way........love you

TMA said...

Kathie Cummons said ...Happy Birthday Brylee!

Anonymous said...

Tim Weaver said....Our wife, children are grandchildren are the blessings we receive on this earth. (on B-PA/ Poppy FB)

TMA said...

Debbie Chandler said...HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY, BRYLEE

Jenn said...

From Roshi Khadka (former co-worker of Cary's) via Facebook:

aww.. happy birthday Brylee :)

TMA said...

Mary Gay said....Happy #1 Birthday Brylee. Hope you have a GREAT one. via Facebook

T-ma said...

Ashley Denton said...Happy Birthday little girl!
via Face Book

Jenn said...

From Mary Gay via Facebook:

Thats a really wonderful letter Jennifer. Hope you made a copy for her for later in life. :)

Jenn said...

From Monica via Facebook:

Oh my gosh... happy birthday Brylee!! SOO Cute!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...