Tuesday, July 5, 2011

My Weigh-In On The Casey Anthony Trial

And what kind of influence do I have? I have 12 followers--enough for a jury!!!

Today Casey Anthony was found Not Guilty in the murder of her child. She was also found Not Guilty in the counts of child abuse, and aggravated man slaughter. She was found Guilty on 4 counts of lying to police about her daughter's whereabouts.

It's hard for me to not yell at the tv because I think the jurors missed it completely.

Partying, hot body contests, and wild nights with guys all during the month that her daughter was missing seems to me to scream that she had more to do with her daughter's death than was grasped by the courtroom. And she didn't even report her daughter missing: the child's grandmother was tired of the lies that she kept coming up with and called the police.

A foul odor in the car, duct tape on the child's mouth...with a sticker on it. Several similar stickers were found inside the house.

"Chloroform", "Neck Breaking", and "Chest Injuries" searched (some multiple times) on the home computer.

Changing stories: "The babysitter kidnapped her" was the first big lie. Then came the statement that the toddler drowned in the family pool. And she and her father found her, freaked out, and decided not to call the police. But why would you still want to cover her mouth and nose with duct tape???

And she tried to give herself an innocent look by stating that she was abused by her father and brother. And her mother tried to say that she was the one who searched for chloroform on the web...which was later said was a lie because she was at work at the time (time cards proved that theory).

Lies. Lies upon lies. Growing and forming a terrible web. So many lies, yet she is walking away without the murder charge. Ok. What about a lesser charge? I wonder how many of the jurors are walking away somewhat guilty themselves for not fighting harder for what they may have believed in.

If she is guilty: If she didn't want to be a mother, there is an amazing thing called ADOPTION. Her parents may have even taken custody of the child and let the crazy woman carry about with her partying ways.

If she is not guilty: why hide the accidental drowning from the police? Surely she (or her father if he was really involved) would have thought that part out. Hence the reason I still lean toward the 'guilty' verdict.

The hardest thing about this is that as a mom, I look at Brylee and see so much potential. So much that no human being should take that away from her. The same with any child.

But because of her cold-hearted mother (my opinion), that poor child will not get the chance to show it to the world. At least God knows the truth, though we may never know.

Now it's time to go give my child a hug and let her know how much I love her and see her potential.

**Update: after I wrote this, I realized that Casey was acquitted because of lack of evidence, not because the jury truly believed she was innocent of her child's death. The hard part about this is, she will spend some time in jail, but if she truly is guilty, she will be out and about, potentially having more children in the future. And I truly worry about that potential child's life already. But a friend pointed out to me yesterday: At least Caylee is with Jesus. Had she lived until her teens/adulthood, would she have known Jesus? With that family, it is truly skeptical.

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...