Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Mid December Already?!

We have been running around like crazy since Thanksgiving. And now Christmas is around the corner. This year, for once, I feel on top of the gift-buying game and I'm excited about the gifts we have for family and friends.

My granddad has been in the hospital since last Thursday. He started vomiting blood after a procedure, and was rushed to the nearest hospital via ambulance early Thursday morning. He has been checked over, given fluids, and received blood. And he received more blood because he was given too many fluids, and was nearly mis-medicated by a doctor (not his regular). After some drama, he is now in the hospital his regular physician practices. He still has ups and downs but in many ways doing better...poor grandpa!

Brylee 'assisted' her t-ma in making cutout sugar cookies last Saturday evening. We ended up cutting out and decorating these cookies, and let her and her family enjoy the outcome!







I have been working on these cuties for about a week. I got them with the intentions of giving them out to friends and family. But after all of that work, I am almost tempted to keep them for myself...almost.










And all of this with only 2 burns!









Brylee is really enjoying the Christmas decorations, especially the tree. She loves to pull ornaments off of the tree and then attempt to put them back on, but she doesn't quite grasp the concept of opening the ribbon enough to hand on a branch. But it is cute anyways!




Brylee got to meet Mr. and Mrs. Clause on Sunday evening as they rode around town with the Lewisville Fire Department. And of course being as special as she is to Santa (wink, wink), she got a special hug and kiss. I am incredibly impressed with how well she did...no fussing at all! Once I have pictures available, I will get one of them up!

Brylee is a complete techie. She kept pulling up the internet by its shortcut on my phone (we don't pay for the internet feature, so we might have additional charges because of this), so Cary took away that shortcut and put on a music shortcut. I don't have any music on that phone...or should I say didn't....She uploaded a $2 song by the Black Eye Peas...a band I don't listen to except for on the radio...

The weather has been very nice and cool this last week, and feels so good to get out and look at anything and everything Christmas. With Brylee fighting off her second cold in a month, we have to make sure she gets appropriately covered up to go out. Once in the car, we shed her coat, only to get to our destination a few minutes later and have to put it back on...only to remove it once more once we are inside the store. Good times!

Happy December!

2 comments:

The Guess Family said...

Just imagine all the work with outerwear if you move to colder temps. We are usually not without hat, coats, gloves and snowboots. It takes up the whole passenger seat of my car!!! :)

This winter, so far, is a giant exception to the rule. It is being so gentle with us!!!!

WhitKnee said...

I'm sorry to hear about your granddad. I hope he's doing better now.

Those cookies look yummy! I can't wait to see the photos of Mr/Mrs Santa Clause with Brylee.

Haha, that's kinda funny (and not funny) that she's able to wreak that can't of havoc ($$$) on your phone. Future Techie! =)

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...