Thursday, December 2, 2010

McFadden Randoms

*Last weekend was a major Christmas-decorating weekend. We started with the apartment, doing the tree and stockings, but not too much more because of the little one. Then on Saturday, we helped my parents with theirs. Brylee got her own nativity scene she can do anything she wants with. She loves it! And on Sunday, we helped Cary's parents with their Christmas. By this time she was a little pro at it, helping hanging ornaments on the tree.

*Brylee has been sick again. We took her to the doctor on Wednesday morning, and she has an upper respiratory infection. It's not so bad, except the coughing scares you, but she also has had trouble causing herself to vomit because we think the coughing triggers her gag reflex. She has had 4 baths in the last 2 days...So the last few days has been her drinking lots of milk, and not so much food. But once her coughing calms down, we will start with the food again. She had gained a few ounces according to the doctor's scale, so we don't want to lose that headway again.

*Tonight, Cary, Brylee and I had dinner with one of my high school best friends and his wife and son. I haven't seen him in over 3 years, and we both have been too busy with our kids since they have been born. They are also very busy (he's in the military)...But making this point short, it was great to sit down and have dinner with them. We made spaghetti and brownies (not as a combination), and watched the two little ones play. Their little boy is ADORABLE with his expressive eyes and big smile. It truly believe that God let us run into each other at church on Sunday so we could spend time together. It's been too long!

*I woke up this morning with a text message from mom saying that my grandpa was in the hospital. Apparently he had an exam earlier in the week, and somehow it caused a tear in his inside and he started vomited blood at 3:00 a.m. Cary and I dropped off Brylee at her Opa's because of her not feeling well and went to the hospital to sit with my mom, grandma, and 2 of my aunts. When we got there, grandpa said he was feeling better than this morning, but it is still not fun to see him so helpless in the ICU. The last I heard is that the doctor finally came and examined him and noticed that some fluids he was given had 'solved the problem'. I'm skeptical, but I pray that I'm just a worry-wort. I worry about him!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...