Monday, January 16, 2012

Five

Five years ago tonight, I sat in a booth at 7 Salsas across from my newish friend, Cary.  I say newish because we had known each other since September, talking here and there about home team events, and then eventually increasing to talking about little, and big, things.

This dinner was our first outing without any other people present, and we stayed and chatted until the restaurant closed, then went to our separate homes and chatted more via IM for about 3 more hours.

During that conversation, he said something along the lines of, "I think that was a successful 1st date."  I was floored. I had started liking Cary earlier in January, but because he had recently come out of a serious relationship, he told me he was not looking for anything serious. 

Well, needless to say, 5 years later, this 1st date was the last of our first dates, other than our 'first date as an engaged couple', 'first date as a married couple', or 'first date as parents'...

I love this man more and more all the time.  The way he helps me be a better person, the way he loves our child, the way he tries to keep us, and our relationship, young.  So much about him I love. 

Here's to 5 years of the best times ever!



1 comment:

Mom said...

May you have many more first together!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...