Thursday, February 2, 2012

The McFadden World Right Now

Well, the new year hasn't brought much in the way of activity for the McFadden crew.  Currently, we spend our mornings relaxing or doing this:

 (the way Brylee and Kai greet each other is by putting a finger up to their mouths and 'shhh'ing each other.  It is adorable)

 This is our view out of our window right now:

Unfortunately Brylee and I were 'stuck' indoors for a few days because my car's tires aren't snow friendly.  But thanks to the greatness that is Cary and his parents, we now have a brand new set of all-weather tires on the Volvo and we get to go where ever we please...

Brylee loves eating the snow.  She doesn't even like the snow ice cream...just give it to her straight.  She's hard core!


Poor Cary has lost me to another thing besides just writing, which occupies a big chunk of my day...well, the chunk of my day that isn't by playing with Brylee...reading.

For Christmas I got a Kindle, and I loved the thing...so much that I accidentally broke it, 12 days into having it.


But for my birthday, I got the replacement Kindle, and this super awesome new cover that has a light in it.  



In case you cannot see which stories I am reading by this picture, here is an idea:

I am on the 3rd book in this series:

I am reading this complete series:  (and yes, visualizing Robert Downey Jr. and Jude Law as the characters...are there any other?!)

And finally, the series that I have managed to go through in just a bit over a week.  Currently, I am reading the 3rd book, but it is a little harder to get through than the first 2.  I am pretty addicted.  This is the first set of books that I have really enjoyed since the Harry Potter series, so it feels good to be excited to read again.  I can't wait for the movie!



And I always take recommendations!


The biggest change for the McFaddens coming up is that we got a new rental home, so we will be moving in less than a month.  I need to now step up and start packing, but it is also a 'hurry-up-and-wait' game.  We can't pack too much, and need room to store the boxes.

Of course, I'll be posting pics of the new place once we are in.  It is already furnished, so we'll see how it goes living in someone else's stuff for a year...and then maybe (hopefully) on to another house...our own!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...