Saturday, April 7, 2012

Proving Myself

Well, I did it!  Hence the numerous blog updates in one day...



64,022 words later, and I have completed my first story!!!  I am giving myself a weekend break from it, in hopes that when I sit down and read it with Cary, it will be with fresh eyes, and then on to my friend to have her edit, if she is still interested.

After that, we'll see. 

I'm so excited, but at the same time, so nervous about putting this story in someone else's hands.  I had a friend read it to give me an early review, but she is a trust-worthy person, so I was able to get over the anxiety of someone reading it.  But now, as I begin the process to send it away to see if it is good enough to be published, I am nervous again. 

It's not because of what is out there that has been published:  I am reading and have read quite a bit of books and have an idea of some things that are there.  It's more of the nervousness of what has been declined for being published.  Has anyone written something similar to what I have and it be rejected?  Is my hard work going to be laughed at before they stamp a giant DECLINED stamp across it?  I think I need to develop some thicker skin.  ;o)

But I can say that this is a goal that I am closer to accomplishing than I have in a long time, if ever.  And it feels good.  And there's more brewing in me.  But for now, it's time to take a (short) break before digging in again.  Perhaps finish more books that are on my kindle and become well-read again.

But I have a feeling it won't be long before I can no longer resist the urge to jump back onto the writing game again.  I am already fighting to not grab my usb to see what else I can do!


No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...