Monday, July 13, 2009

Jarvis Family Gathering 2009



Sunday, the Jarvis' had their Semi-Annual gathering at the lakehouse for a day of food, fun, swimming, and of course, HEAT!!!








My cousin, Kim, and her growing family flew in for the week from Colorado, so of course we found this the perfect time to all get together. We got to meet her newest one, Gracyn, who is now 3 months old. And she is PRECIOUS!!!

All Jarvis' were present, except for Steven and Spencer, who had just left on a mission trip. We missed you guys, but hope you are having fun!









Lunch consisted of 7 layer dip (A favorite appetizer provided by Barbara--delish!), Brisket (thank you mom!), potatoes brought by Granny, my hard-grown corn (in a can!), Pasta (brought by Kelly I believe), tamales, baked beans, rolls, banana pudding, cupcakes, Oreos...I'm still stuffed just thinking about it!





I feel bad because Kim offered to let me hold Gracyn and change her diaper. I know she was playing (about the diaper changing part), but I declined. I have changed many diapers before, but I just got really self-conscious, and of course, I'm still nervous about my mothering capabilities. I hope it just shows that I'm shy (or maybe nervous...) But-- Cary is REALLY good with little ones!!! He puts me to shame with his cuteness with kids!



After lunch the fun migrated outside where some jumped on jet skis, some jumped into the lake, and some sat in the shade, watching everyone else.









To keep the kids entertained when they were not in the lake, mom brought bubbles...Addison loved attacking me with them, and I was soapy afterwards. But she got the bubble mix all over her! She had me cracking up the whole time.









It was a great time, and I really loved seeing all of our family. I love these gatherings we have, and I can't wait for the next one, which will be at Christmas time, and hopefully with the newest addition to the family...by then Gracyn will be able to teach Peanut a thing or two!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...