Sunday, July 11, 2010

The Last Minute Game Night

Or I guess I could also title this post: The Time Gary Decided To Never Let Me Bake In His Kitchen Again.

Not really. It went well. We made the mess together!

What was decided on Thursday to have a last minute Game Night to celebrate my Granny's 77th birthday on Saturday, came together so perfectly, and was so fun!




Cary and I decided to make the cake, even more at the last minute than the party itself, we made the cake at his parents' house...with the well-needed help from Cary's dad, who has made this particular cake several times. I enjoyed helping Gary out...and hope that he will let me help out again in the future!




After we made the cake, we ended up at my parents' house to put icing on it and decorate with our pirate theme, another last minute decision. Perfect for a grandmother?

What a wonderful evening...as always! We had Bill, Granny, Eric, Deb, Fay, Erica, Mike, Steven, Stacy, and Steven's girlfriend, Hailey, there (and don't forget mom, Cary, Brylee, Chester, and me!)

We ate pizza, played Cranium, Bananagrams, and Apples To Apples...with lots of laughing. I love spending that time with family. I hope that it can be a continued thing so that Brylee can grow up knowing that her family is very important, and show her friends how much fun her 'old folks' can have!

Oh yeah...and hanging out with Bill was very successful this time! She was a little frightened at first, but he fed her some of her cereal and veggies for dinner, and not too much later, she was letting him hold her!

And Chester got some well-needed attention from my uncle Eric. Thank you for showing him some attention. He doesn't get enough right now!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...