Saturday, September 25, 2010

The One That Was A Bumpy Ride

Vacation started out early Wednesday morning, September 15. I say it started then, but Cary had taken Monday and Tuesday off from work to get prepared for it. And Tuesday in itself was quite eventful with Brylee attempting to swallow one of T-Ma's fern leaves and (luckily) spitting it right back up...just the way you wanted to hear our start, huh?



As most of you know, I am a nervous flyer. And no matter how much information Cary sends me, I tend to get an overactive imagination and let it get the best of me. And I didn't want to affect Brylee's first trip on a plane, so I did what I could to make sure that she didn't sit with me and 'feel' the fear.

Perfectly enough, there were extra seats on the plane, so we got a seat for Brylee and strapped her in her car seat by the window for takeoff and landing...and she played around in her daddy's and grandparents arms for the rest of the flight when she wasn't sleeping. So, in other words, her first flight was wonderful.

But mine wasn't. I feel foolish looking back on it, but it was really bumpy, but no one seemed to mind except for me. I was so happy to be on the ground again!





(Brylee waiting for her bags at the airport.)

We landed in Boston around 12:00, retrieved our bags, got our rental car, and then headed towards the country...and saw some beautiful mountains and trees that had the hints of changing colors. The weather was noticeably cooler, which was so relieving from the Texas heat and humidity!




We arrived in Vermont around 4:00 that afternoon, giving us time to stop by a store in Quechee and stretch our legs, check out the fudge, and then head on to Plymouth, where we had rented a house for the week.

Cary and I left not much later than that to go back to Woodstock (our favorite honeymoon spot) to buy groceries and then pick up a pizza from the Pizza Chef for dinner.

Writing this post makes it sound like we didn't do much on our first day on vacation, but I guess if you count the 3 hour flight and the 3-4 hour drive, it was pretty exhausting. So much in fact, I'll just have to leave the story here until I get some sleep.


Good night all!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...