Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Happy September!

Not much going on in the McFadden household until this weekend (be prepared for lots of pictures!), so I will start September off with some ramblings:

Brylee, Chester, and I get to spend a lot of time at my parents house this week while estimates go on for repairing their foundation. Its a nice change of pace for us, especially Chester, who can't just go out to a store to get out of the apartment.

The weather is starting to really cool off now. This weekend it will barely reach 90, which is such a joy for Cary and I, who don't like or do well with the heat. We've gotten out and walked a couple of times now, and afterwards I can just feel how out of shape I have gotten because of the heat. I guess that's not the only reason I'm out of shape, but the heat does make a difference in how much exercise I get!

The McFaddens are going to Vermont! Mid-September, Cary, Brylee and I are joining Brenda and Gary to fly up north to explore the beautiful state of Vermont (second time for me, uncountable number of times for the others...and 1st for Brylee!). Looking at the weather for this weekend in that state = mid to high 60's...ahhhh...that's what I'm talking about!

Which leads me to next: I have said it before, I'll say it again. I'm a nervous flyer, so please say a prayer for safe travel. I am telling myself to not let my overactive imagination go crazy, and to continue my own prayer. I think the biggest thing I have about it now is that I don't want to affect Brylee with this. I want her to enjoy the big bird like her daddy!

Speaking of Brylee, what kind of post would this be without mentioning her? A couple of weeks ago, we tried her on Stage 3 Spaghetti, Tomato Sauce, and bits of meat. She's not ready for that. But she did enjoy the Broccoli, Cheese, and Carrots. Yay! I also don't think she is enjoying cinnamon as much as I was hoping she would. Doesn't mean she won't like it in the future, but her face is classic when I feed her something with cinnamon!

She is also saying 'dadadadada' a lot. And when I tell her to say 'momma', she gives me a wrinkled up face that says, 'yeah right, in your dreams'. And when I hold her and act like I'm bumping into walls, she gets a deep down belly laugh. So she thinks momma getting hurt is funny, huh???

I'm learning my lesson when it comes to shoes. The last 2 pair have formed holes in the cloth top, which looks pretty silly. Cary and Brylee took me shopping for another pair on Monday evening, and I found a pair I really like. However, when I tried them on last night (for the first time...I know, mom...), I found that they were too tight. I have wide feet, probably because of their flatness.

Depressing.

Now we have to take the time to go back to Academy and see if I can find a wider pair in the same shoe, or try to find something else I like. Which might not be possible, because the decent-priced pair come in solid white with no personality. And my dad raised me to have shoe personality!

I think that is all I have for now, so until next time, Happy Fall-Is-Around-The-Corner!

**I completely forgot: at Brylee's doctors appointment last Friday, she weighed 15 lbs and 4 oz! She is still in the 3rd percentile for weight, but shot from 10th to 15th percentile for height!

2 comments:

Carymc said...

this, i have found is an excellent site for those of you are are adventure-challanged.

http://www.fearofflyinghelp.com/lesson1.shtml

BAE said...

If it makes you feel any better, I have wide feet too. It is hard to find shoes. Often I have to go up a size or two. In sneakers, though, I can usually wear a smaller size since they tend to be much easier to find in wide-width! =)

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...