Friday, September 3, 2010

A Parents' Worst Nightmare

Image found here

I just got finished skimming over the story of the Sullengers. I say skim because I could only see a few words here and there behind the blur of tears. The part of their story I caught was about their beautiful little girl, Preslee. They went through a tragic ordeal, and I warn you, don't read or even listen to the music if you are not prepared for a good cry.

This is truly a fear of mine, losing our child. And now I have read at least 4 blogs where this has happened. As much as the blogging world helps find new family and friends, I am torn on whether or not to continue reading stories such as this. And I mean that only because I tend to see things from the family's point of view now, and all I want to do now is wake Brylee up from her nap to give her the largest hug in the world.

Say a prayer for the Sullengers, who are heading into their second month since the tragedy. Say a prayer for all of those families who have lost a child, baby, toddler, or adult. From accidents to addictions, military, or beyond our imaginations. There is a saying out there that God does not give someone more than they can handle. These families must be incredibly strong to undertake what they have. But God also shows His presence very strongly in them as well.

God, please continue to work Your amazing miracles in these families, helping to get the word out and showing their strength through you. As heartbreaking as their ordeal, we can see Your grace through it, and help us remember how blessed we truly are.

Amen

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...