Saturday, December 10, 2011

Getting Ready For Jolly Saint Nick

Getting into the Christmas spirit has been a little harder for me this year, with Cary and I dropping my parents off at the bus station the same day we decided to decorate.  But since putting up the (live) tree and trying hard to get the perfect Brylee Christmas card picture, it has gotten a little bit more fun.  And not to mention, it is only 15 days away!!  10 until we go to Dallas!  And 7 until Cary and I celebrate 4 years of marriage.    So much going on in this month!

After dropping off my parents, Cary, Brylee and I went to Wal-Mart where we attempted to get a picture of Brylee with this Santa...this is the closest we got.  Poor kid (Santa).  A teenager of unknown age, stuffed with pillows to give him filling...and he couldn't even sit up properly!
When we got home, we found a box 'hidden' by my parents for us to open, and this is all that we found inside.  Great way to bring a smile to our faces on a sadder start to the day...
Despite all of our warnings not to touch the stockings, Brylee quickly learned that Snowmen, too, can crack...and even shatter a bit...
Daddy's little helper!


Our tree looked like this for a couple of days because we ran out of lights.  I got to make a special trip to Wal-Mart a couple of days later to get more, and took my time looking at all of the other decorating possibilities
 Our little Reindeer-In-Training

 Finally decorating the tree!  Brylee prefers the 'removal' method instead...

After Cary wrapped the tree with 6 strands of lights, I decided to check out and see if we wanted to try the 'blinking' look this year.  I hope we continue to like it because I most certainly don't want to go back and change them all again anytime soon!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...