Friday, July 18, 2008

Watch out Chef Duff...

Because here comes Chef Jenn!

...Um maybe not.

Inspired by my new 'favorite' show, "Ace of Cakes", I decided to whip up a lovely Devil's Food Cake for mine and Cary's "anniversary" (well, I just wanted a reason to make a cake). I made it from scratch with the Home and Garden's NEW BAKING BOOK. The icing: buttercream.


Well, it started out fine, until I realized I was 3/4 cup of flour short for the cake. But that never stopped me! I started reducing the rest of the ingredients, then added extra cocoa to make up for the missing flour.


The icing though, was not what I expected. I LOVE buttercream frosting. But when I whipped it up, it was anything but. *note to self: find different buttercream recipe next time.* I then decided to add chocolate to that as well, making it a chocolate with chocolate and a chocolate shock to go with that...

Cary says it's delicious. Isn't that what was in his vows on our wedding day? (...for richer and poorer, in good times and bad; always tell Jenn her cakes are the best...)


Well, it's not culinary genius yet, but I sure am having fun messing up the kitchen and tasting the results!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...