Monday, July 7, 2008

Summer Holiday

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY!

I hope everyone's holiday was special and I hope we all took the time to think about those who gave their lives to give us the freedom we have today. I have prayed for the safe return of our troops to their families. They have sacrificed so much for us!

Our weekend was filled with family, fireworks, and moving pictures.

On Friday, Brad, Faith, and Helen drove into town and we enjoyed hotdogs, swimming, and Boggle. Brad joined us for the first time with Boggle, and he was hilarious! I wish I could remember some of the words he made up, but I was laughing hard!

That evening, Cary and I went and saw Handcock. Not too bad. The plot twist was not what I was expecting though. I guess that's why they call it a twist!

When we got out, it was starting to get dark, so we stopped by Target for a little shopping (we didn't buy anything though) and when we got out, the fireworks show was beginning.

Not really big on the crowds and traffic for the fireworks show, we drove to the top of the parking garage of his job and watched from there. All around us, we saw about 8 fireworks shows. Nice view!

On Saturday, Cary noticed that the Kimball Museum has the Impressionist Display going on, so we drove out to Ft. Worth and spent a couple of hours there. Wonderful paintings! It was so impressive to see this art up close.

After that, we drove back home and spent some time with Chester, taking pictures of our puppy that is full of energy.

Saturday evening consisted of going to see Wall-E with my parents. What a cute movie!!! It has become among my favorites. I highly recommend it!

Sunday was used for Cary to study and for me to straighten up (a.k.a. relax). Before going to church, we went to World Market and found the basket that I've been looking for! (and Cary found Spicy Thai chips--yum!)

The entire weekend was wonderful and relaxing. I hope that the US decides to try 4 day work weeks soon. We could get a lot out of our longer weekends!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...