Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Does Birth Order Really Count?

Well, when I say that, I mean if there is a boy first or a girl first.

Example: tomorrow I would love to find out that Peanut is a little boy. Why exactly? Because I always pictured the big brother protecting the little sister. The things he would do to take care of her when there are bullies around. Or as my co-worker Penny says, she could crush on her older brother's friends...

But then I think back to the stories I've heard about my parents. My mom was the oldest of her siblings, and she fought and protected her little brothers with everything she had. And today, they will stick up for her, but she still will fight to protect them. And I'm scared to see what can be done...

And then, there was my dad. The oldest of 4 children. The first out of 2 boys. And I've heard some stories of him picking on his younger sisters. Snakes in the bed being one that comes to my memory.

Not that the little brother can't pick on the older sister, but hmmm...perhaps from the Jarvis side, a little girl that can protect herself might be a good idea...

2 comments:

Cary said...

I don't really know but i do know that being the younger one is really good.

The Guess Family said...

I hope you find out what you are having!!! The curiousity must be making you CRAZY!!! I always pictured a boy first, to be the protecter. But, my girls are fiercely protective of each other! Yesterday, I closed Addisons' fingers in the car door, Reagan cried just as bad as Addison did.
:)

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...