Monday, August 10, 2009

Murder Is Afoot...

Or as Cary says, that would only be an amputation.

On Saturday, we had a game night with my parents, Uncle Bill and Ivan. We gathered at Bill and Ivan's new home for a murder mystery style game. Cary and I brought Chester as well, to see how he would get along with Bill's dog, Nina. They have met before, but Chester has always been a little intimidated by her. She is 3x his size after all!

The theme of the murder night was Ski Lodge, so we started off the evening taking pictures of all of us, some in winter gear, and listening to Christmas music. We had chili for dinner (the Christenson's recipe--YUM!), with No Bake Cookies (Bill's pre-birthday treat) and shapeless sugar cookies.

The sugar cookies were the biggest pain! Cary and I were going to make shapes with them and then frost them with icing and sprinkles, like so many families do at Christmas time. But when they baked, the shapes turned into blobs. So we just left it at that--icingless blob sugar cookies--but they were still tasty!

When we got to the scene of the crime, I assigned the characters (a.k.a.--held them upside down and said 'pick one!'). Unfortunately, 2 of our invites were sick, so they were not able to make it, but it was convienent that both Nina and Chester were there. They both became the remaining 2 (though Cary and I had to speak for them). It made for a funnier scenario though.

So...who was the murderer? While I still have my doubts and point at either Cary or Bill's characters, it did end up being....my character (I know--gasp!). I call it luck of the draw!

I hope everyone enjoyed the Murder Mystery Game Night, and maybe next time we'll have more people to help get into the act and flex their Private Eye skills!

2 comments:

Cary said...

i know it was you along, Sis. Bill, i mean Reborto is still my trusted bodyguard, i rehired him after i hastely fired him. sorry Bill...Reborto.

The Guess Family said...

We have had the same disaster with the sugar cookies around here. After some trial and error, when the girls and I make sugar cookies. We roll the cookie out into one giant sheet, like a cake. We cook it like that, and then punch the shapes out of the cookie soon after we pull it from the over. That works much better for us. If we cut before, we get lumps as well!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...