Friday, September 4, 2009

Game Night


Cary came up with a Family Declaration, and one of the things on there: Never Forsake Game Night!

For the last few months, Cary and I try to have a game night every Thursday. Just the 2 of us (and Chester, who eagerly chases his laser dot). It is a great way to make sure the tv and computer are turned off and we focus on the family. I sure hope that Brylee joins in with game night quickly--she can help me beat him!

Last night, we broke out our brand new Trivial Pursuit game. His parents have one, and we like to play on occasion. I thought it would be a great game to throw into the mix of Uno, Boggle, and 2-player card games. We got the TP Family edition, with a mix of cards that is challenging for adults and other set of cards that is perfect for kids. The only complaint I have for this game: not enough adult cards! But then again, I did look at the kid's cards, and I think it might present a decent challenge as well!

Game night is a great thing to do, and I recommend it for anyone to do as a family. Just do your best to keep your spouse from rubbing in all the times he has beat you... :o)

1 comment:

Autumn said...

I love it! We are still in the Chutes & Ladders and Candy Land phase. With dark coming earlier, we really should make a trip to find some new games for Chloe to try!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...