Friday, September 11, 2009

A Night Of Love

Dear Brylee,

I want to share with you the magic and joy your father brings to my life. I know I still have a while before you fall in love, or even like boys. But I have to share with you how special this man is in my life.

Friday nights are our 'date nights'. These usually consist of dinner and maybe either walking around a store (Babies R Us is popular lately!) or going to a movie. But tonight, your daddy spiced it up with style.

When I left work (later than usual), I tried to call your daddy, as I do every evening. This time, he was not there to pick up the phone, so I continued my short drive home. But halfway there, I received a text message from him, "6:30"...that was all that it said. What does that mean?!? So I tried calling again, but yet again I had no success getting through. When I drove into the parking lot, though, his car was missing. This was really unusual for him, considering he gets off of work at 4:30, and I at 5:30...so what did this 6:30 mean?

When I stepped into the apartment, I found a bag on the coffee table and a note beside it. It told me that he would pick me up at 6:00 and to freshen up. When I opened the bag, there was a bottle of perfume in it. What did he have planned?!?!

So I ran around like a silly teenager, all excited about a date. I 'freshened up' (changed clothes and put on some of the perfume, as well as applied a little bit of makeup and brushed the teeth and hair). Then I sat anxiously, playing with Chester until it was about 6:30.

Outside the rain started pouring, so I looked outside to see our lawn beginning to flood. Just as I was about to go back inside, here came your daddy...running towards me. Carrying a beautiful bouqet of fall flowers. And he was dressed so nice--and soaked!


So we left to go to dinner. And where did he select tonight? 7 Salsas, the restaurant that we had our first date and our celebration dinner on our 6 month anniversary (and he proposed the night before!)

He admitted that he had nothing else planned for the night, but the evening was still incredibly special with a trip to Babies R Us (you've been on our mind!) and stopping by Market Street where we enjoyed a beverage and looking at crazy foods.


Brylee, with your daddy the fun never stops. He is always making me laugh, carries a great conversation, and has great talent. But more than that, he loves me. His never ending compassion challenges me to be a better person. I cannot hold a light to how well he treats me. I fall short when it comes to showing him my love for him. But when he does things like that for me, it makes me strive to do better for him.

Words can't describe how blessed I am; how blessed our family is; how blessed you are going to be. Life with you dad is going to be amazing for you, and we are going to have the most fun!
Love,

momma

2 comments:

Cary said...

i got the idea of treating our date night more like an old fashion date from my brother's podcast (http://mylifeministries.org/blogs/twoblindsquirrels/).

MommyTof3 said...

awh...so sweet you guys :)

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...