Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Week 26 (14 to go)

Major excitement: Your baby opens her eyes! On the flip side, you might wish yours would stay closed so you could get some sleep. If a full night's rest has become elusive, welcome to the (sleepless) world of pregnancy insomnia. Between heartburn and leg cramps, bathroom runs and that big beach ball beneath your nightie, it's no wonder your body's having trouble calming down and drifting off.

What's up with your baby? She now weighs a full two pounds and measures nine-plus inches. And this week, her eyes, which until now were developing under fused eyelids, start to open. Of course, there's not much to see in there, but if your baby spots a bright light (or hears a loud noise) near your belly, you may notice an increase in fetal activity. (Hey, I'm in here, Mommy!)

Cary has been keeping all of our friends and family posted weekly with Brylee's progress, and I found this one particularly interesting.

I have been 'enjoying' the experience of restless sleep, but mostly due to not being able to sleep on my back, or even belly. But above it mentions the 'big beach ball'...am I supposed to have this big giant thing popping out of me? I mean, I do have a much more noticible tummy, but I wonder if it is noticibly pregnant or if anyone I pass think I'm just a larger-abdomened woman...

I do love to feel Brylee move around. It is such a bizarre feeling! So, I'm looking forward to more fetal activity, well, at least for now. I know a lot of people says it messes with their sleep, and we all know how I LOVE to sleep! But to feel her makes me feel like she is ok.

With me sitting here eating lots of strawberries (cheese and apples are next!), I do hope that I'm eating right. Trying to get in my veggies, meats, and fruits (breads--no problem!) I try to push away any sugar craving, but sometimes it's just not possible! Just last night, I wanted something with cinnamon and went through the cookbooks to see if I could find something that had all the ingredients already at our apartment....no luck!

So, for all of the already moms out there, what is your input? Did you enjoy the movements of pregnancy? Did you feel paranoid about eating correctly? Did you have a beachball at 6 1/2 months?

2 comments:

The Guess Family said...

The beach ball takes awhile! I love feeling them move.....especially at the end, when you can SEE IT on the outside, and I love the daily doses of hiccups. Finally, if the sleep gets to bad....ask your dr. about Ambien, it is safe during pregnancy and was the only way I got ANY sleep at the end.

Autumn said...

ahhhhh...the beach ball belly! I had it huge with Chloe, but not so much with Evan-and he was a larger! Kim is right...the hiccups were so fun to feel. It was so fun in the end trying to figure out what was sticking out of your belly...is that a foot? A tush? The head? Ambien was a LIFESAVER with both pregnancies. I was on bedrest for the last 8 weeks with Chloe, so it was the only thing that helped with rest. Definately very safe, too...but make sure you get in bed immediately after taking it! It's funny you were craving cinnamon...I HAD to have cinnamon and bananas with Chloe. I could have lived off of banana pancakes...and then Total cereal with Evan.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...