Friday, August 27, 2010

Does This Ever Get Tiring?


Being surrounded by clowns, I mean. In my world? No. It doesn't get old. Just more entertaining each time.

On Wednesday, Texas LAFS had their annual showcase, where clowns from different cities gather and show what they came up with for their October school safety skits. This is a great way for the clowns to socialize, trade off ideas for how to teach kids safety, and just have a few laughs.

Cary and I got to volunteer this year, which included 2 additional days of preparation. We joined with my dad to practice their skit on Monday and Tuesday, loading a prop-filled trailer onto a truck, an overnight stay with 5 a.m. wake up call on Wednesday, and driving up to Denton for the showcase.

Cary and I got the fun of running the desk where registration was held, as well as handing out t-shirts, and selling items (more t-shirts and magic items). We also got to enjoy the shows and give input if we had any.

The worst part of the day was how I just craved to be with Brylee, who was spending her time with her Oma and Opa. Another little one, who just turned one, was there entertaining us with her big smiles and newly acquired walking abilities. Seeing her made me just want to hold Brylee. So once the day was over, I was so glad to see her again!

The overall day (or week) was a success, and a great time. The weather was gorgeous (89 degrees after several days of 103+) and Chester got to spend his time outside at my parents. I also got some great ideas of how to create new skits for Ashes and Radio, or help them remember what they saw there as well.

I really enjoy getting to help out the Lewisville LAFS team, and I hope that we can do it again sometime!

1 comment:

Tressia/Mom/TMA said...

Again thank you & Cary for being so supportive! You are the best kids parents can ask for! Love ya.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...