Monday, August 16, 2010

Another Game Night Weekend

Wow...just...wow. What a weekend!

Sick family, busy family, visiting family...does this sound like a typical weekend for us? Yes...minus the sick family.

Poor Opa was not feeling well this weekend, so Brylee didn't get to visit with him. I say Brylee didn't get to visit, but I think all four of us (including Chester) missed our time with him. We did get to have fun with Oma, though, when she came over and fixed lunch (meatloaf and sweet potatoes!) and played some games with us on Sunday. It was interesting to have the change of pace where we were at our apartment, but I would have still loved to have Gary as well.

Backing up a bit, Friday night, my parents got to enjoy little Brylee's company, and she loves that special time with them. With a heavy heart of not having our child, Cary and I ate dinner (Cane's...very good!) and then went on a geocaching adventure, where we found 12 out of 18 caches. 3 hours on the dot from when we started and ended.

The major searching was because Cary decided to create some fun competition between our friends on geocaching.com, to see who had the highest number of caches. The fun competition got both of us wanting to get ahead of the game. And not to mention, the heat got us hopefully sweating off some pounds!

(and a 30 minute stop in Coppell to enjoy an outdoor concert in the midst of our hunting!)

Saturday was another fun game night. This time, we were celebrating August birthdays, which means that Bill was up for wearing the silly (non-existent) birthday crown. We decided to make the theme smiley faces. You know...the kind? Bill likes yellow and black together, so it was either that, or bumble bees....

What a great night! After getting to pick up my cousin Stacy from the uber-crowded Grapevine Mills Mall (stay away...I beg you! You may never get out!!!), we started of the night with Wii games, and once everyone got there, dinner of hamburgers, dessert of cupcakes and Lemon Whippersnap cookies. After dinner the games started. Well, more or less, THE GAME.

SPOONS. You may have heard of it? No? Then take a look here. There were 8, then 9, then 8 again, then 9 again...all before the first one went out with S-P-O-O-N-S...And by the end of the night, I think about 6 casualties (of the decorated spoons, not people). And who did the winner turn out to be? Bill....again. I guess being his birthday, he did deserve the win. But maybe next time, it will be me...

Hey, a girl can dream, can't she?

Including a short game of Apples To Apples, the night was another success!

Happy birthday to my dear Uncle Bill, as well as Aunt Deb, Cousin Sondra, and family friend, Regina. May there be many more (and fun game nights)!

2 comments:

Carymc said...

I say the game was rigged! I demand a rematch!

Carymc said...

i just realized, this post did not have one pic of Brylee. What gives?

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...