Sunday, August 8, 2010

How Geocaching And A Baby Shower Go Together


What a day!!!!

I'm so tired after this crazy day. Actually, the craziest part about it was driving 635 and 75 to get to Presbyterian Hospital in Dallas. But that's not what this is about. Not really. Ok. Maybe just a touch...

The morning started out with Cary and I going to my parents house, where we decided to go hunting for some geocaches. 7 hunts, with 5 finds, some very easy to find, while others were near impossible to find in the woods and creeks. Mom and Brylee even joined us, mostly spending some time in the car while the little on slept in the nice a/c.

My favorite cache? The one that was plotted by dad, Cary, and myself to get mom to drive to Sonic for some nice cool beverages...we called it the Cache 44...which mom caught onto because she knew the '44' meant Route 44...

After those fun searches, the cool beverages, a quick lunch, and a stop at Sam's (48 hot dog buns for $6!!!!), we all went home where mom and I got ready for the baby shower.























This baby shower was held for my cousin's wife, Monica, who is 32 weeks pregnant. One of the nicest, friendliest people I know, Monica has been in the hospital on bedrest for over a month now. We are all rooting that her little one, Mileena, will hold on for another 5 weeks at least so that she will be born healthy.

The shower was held in 1 hour increments with at least 3 groups of people coming to see her, hoping to not over crowd the hospital room. Thankfully, I had gone to visit Monica and Mileena last Monday, so I knew how to navigate around Presby Dallas...which is very large and can get confusing easily!

Brylee got to go meet Miss Monica, and also got to see 4 of her aunts (mom's step-sisters) for the first time. And boy did she get the attention! Not more than Monica, gladly, but she got continuous compliments the whole time we were there. She did very well, except at one time she got fussy because she was hungry, but also because she wanted so bad to crawl around, but unfortunately the room was a little too full to let her do so, so mom took her to a lobby to let her 'stretch her legs'.

Monica's baby room decorations are butterflies and flowers, very pretty. I really enjoyed seeing a diaper cake that was given to her. So cute! There was also a beautiful tutu and wings that are for little Mileena to play with in the future.

I was also so glad to see my grandma and grandpa. They are such joys in my world, and I don't express it enough. It was great to see them and watch grandpa be goofy for a little time.

While we were gone, Cary and dad hopped into the car and went on a mission to find more geocaches. Total for the day, they found 8 caches...the most in one day for us.

I can't wait to go on more cache hunts with the guys, and I can't wait to meet this little Mileena, who is already very loved and blessed.

Are you as tired as I am just recapping? Have a great week!

***AND I forgot to mention that on the drive to my parents' house, Cary and I saw 5 peacocks wandering about 2 blocks away from their home!!!!! By the time I officially decided to go back to get a picture of them, we couldn't find them anywhere...until mom saw them as we drove around geocaching...but still no pictures!

1 comment:

Tressia/Mom/TMA said...

I've got to STOP smiling so big!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...