Thursday, August 19, 2010

Mommy's Day Out

I could get used to this!

I have been trying to get out of the apartment a little more with Brylee during the day, but realized that when I do, it's mostly just the 2 of us. Where can Brylee get time with other ones her age?

The answer came from the super sweet Jacqueline, a former co-worker of mine (the one who lent me the exersaucer) who has a little boy, Lucas. She has been so helpful with finding a Mom's Club, and then invited Brylee and me to join her and some friends at the Galleria in the kids' play area.

I'm so glad we got our lazy bums out there--it was such fun, and Brylee saw some really cute kids, including little Lucas (I can see why people say they could just eat babies...with Lucas' beautiful eyes and big cheeks, I could too!). She was very reserved at first, but after showing her the giant ladybug, she started smiling and acting more like herself again--even kissing the ladybug (and getting a kiss from Lucas at the end of the day!)

Thank you, Jacqueline for the invite...it was a much needed change of pace, and I can't wait to get to the Mom's Club and socialize more!

2 comments:

BAE said...

I am so thankful for the mom group that I joined. It was started through a local consignment shop. There are so many benefits like general mom-to-mom support, socialization for Noah, and getting out of the house for both of us! See if your new mom group has a Facebook group. If not, see if someone (or you) can start one up. It has proven invaluable to us as we can easily ask questions if we are dealing with any mom issues or plan play dates and activities! You will never regret joining a mom group!

Also, since we joined the local YMCA, I get to work out and they have child care so Noah gets a bit more socialization too, definitely a plus!

TMA said...

Her first kiss!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...