Monday, October 18, 2010

Brylee's 11 Months!


So, you wonder what this little one has been up to the last month? A lot!

Each month just gets more and more fun, and more and more challenging!

She is now standing on her own, but no matter what, this weekend I could not get a picture of it. She somehow knew that she was being watched and would sit down as soon as the camera was pointed at her. She wants to walk so bad, and is just so close to doing so. We'll see if she is walking by her 1 year mark...

No teeth yet, though she is showing more and more gnawing on things, including her hands. I don't know whether to be ready for her to have teeth or not. She doesn't seem to like Stage 3 food too much yet, so we are slowly working that into her schedule. Maybe too slowly, but I like to see her eat it, and not me wear it.

She discovered the top of my toy box, the ever-famous yellow egg that I had growing up. Her favorite thing to do right now is slide around on it, going all over the house and finding more to get into.

She just loves to talk and talk now. The only things distinguishable are 'momma' and 'dadda', but not directly to the correct people. She also likes to say 'moo', after the sound of a cow. But she is also starting to mimic more sounds and sometimes we hear words we know she didn't say, but it is so much fun to think she is talking like a little kid.

We have not taken her to church on a regular basis, only because she is usually with one set of her grandparents, and we don't want to take away time with them. However, I have taken her to the elementary school a couple of times to see the clown program, and she gets so excited to see other kids. So we are now going to get into the routine of taking her more regularly so that she can interact with other kids. We took her on Saturday, and when we came to pick her up from the nursery, she had managed to get away from the circle with the other kids and was doing a v-shaped head stand over by the door. In her own little world. I wish I had my camera to take the picture...it cracked me up!

So many new adventures everyday for us. Halloween is around the corner, which is her 'last first' holiday. And I'm so excited to take her to pumpkin patches and fall festivals!

Watch for more posts to come, with tons of pictures of her, and more of all the things she is doing as she grows!

13 comments:

Jenn said...

From Susan Tandukar via Facebook:

I can't believe she is already 11 months old!!! Time sure does fly. She is soooo pretty :) Don't fret about the teeth...sydney only had 2 when she turned 1....and they just sprouted out of nowhere. If you can, get her one of the strollers/grocery cart/mail delivery things that she can walk behind. that helped Sydney tremendously and she started walking quickly after that.

Jenn said...

From Teresa Kenney via Facebook:

Wow, time flies enjoy each moment :)
Enjoyed seeing you recently
Teresa

Jenn said...

From Carol Kirby via Facebook:

So cute. Good to see you at church the other day!

Jenn said...

From Cary via Facebook:

‎11 months already!?! How did that happen?

Tressia/Mom/TMA said...

Oh my! The picture just shows me how much she has grown since just a week or so ago. She has gone from baby to crawler/toddler. She is such a JOY!

Jenn said...

From Brad via Facebook:

next month its PARTY TIME!

Jenn said...

From Brad via Facebook:

I am gonna get her a dress and a doll and a giant teddy bear as big as me and a lollipop and a 50pound sack of smarties and a fruit rollup and a pony and a barbie and an ipod and some... I'll bribe her into liking me!

Jenn said...

via facebook:

OHH!!!! I WANT THE SMARTIES FOR MYSELF!!!!!

Jenn said...

From Susan Tandukar via Facebook:

lol..sounds like Brad has the right idea!! Don't forget one of those huge gumball machines!!!! And she might need another puppy :)

Jenn said...

via facebook:

lol...sounds like we need a bigger home...

Jenn said...

From Cary via Facebook:

What? no drum set?

Jenn said...

From Susan Tandukar via Facebook:

oh Cary...do I really need to remind you that CHRISTMAS is just right around the corner? He's gotta save SOMETHING for Christmas :)

Jenn said...

From Cary via Facebook:

SWEET!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...