Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Lemonade


Some of the lyrics to Chris Rice's song:

Life gave me lemonade and I can’t imagine why

Born on a sunny day, beneath a tangerine sky
I live life without pretending
I’m a sucker for happy endings
Thanks for the lemonade
Thanks for the lemonade!

I’ve got it made

Rest in the shade
And hold my love
While God above
Stirs with a spoon
We share the moon
Smile at the bees
More sugar please
He really loves us after all
We’re gonna need another straw!
We’re gonna need another straw!

It's taking the spin on the quote, "When Life Gives You Lemons, Make Lemonade". But Chris says this far better. He's saying that we already have lemonade in life. God's love and forgiveness made our lives already full of lemonade. Tart and sweet. And He is always taking care of us, even if we see nothing but the negative.

This has been Cary's song for the day. And perhaps, the rest of the week.

You see, we reached a new chapter in our book yesterday. What was originally going to be scary and unknown is now here and known. And God is very good to us, as He has always been.

Cary can now focus on something that he has been neglecting, granted that Brylee, Chester, and I do not pester him too much. This goal will lead to the next pitcher of lemonade, and so on.

I will leave it at that for now, ending this post with,

"Thanks for the lemonade!!!"

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...