Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Fair Day 2010

Last Wednesday (October 6), Cary, Brylee and I headed off for the fair. What a gorgeous day to go!

We got there about 9:00 in the morning, and everything except for the stockyards was closed. Of course, we love animals, so we headed over there to show Brylee as many farm animals as we could.















Horses, cows, sheep, goats, chicks, and pigs, oh my! She came face to face with so many animals, and giggled at a lot of them. I loved watching her look at them and start to grasp how big our world is and what variety of things are out there.













































We visited the dog show, which I love to see. All of the animals used in this show are rescue, and they have such an excitement for playing frisbee and jumping into pools...Brylee handled all of the loud cheering very well, but probably didn't know why there was so much cheering...I don't think she really saw the dogs performing.




The last stop we had after a long day of animals, walking, hot dogs, and fried cheesecake was the Birds of the World show. We have seen this show every year we have gone to the fair, and it is the same show every year, but I am so fascinated by the birds. What characters! They introduced a new bird to the show this year, a solid-white Red Tail Hawk. Wow! Such a beauty!


Poor Brylee was very tired, but was such a good sport through it all. After the bird show, I took her up to see a bird close up, and when we got back to her daddy, we decided to change her diaper quickly. She laid still on the bench and we had it done in no time at all. However, a little girl we met at the show, who was 3 days older than her, took a much longer amount of time in changing her diaper because she was so tired, and possibly hungry, and just kept crying and making it difficult to have her parents change her.

We rushed home to get ready for home team without getting to go into the petting zoo (there was actually a line going outside!). We rushed to get showers and get in just a little rest before leaving again, but as I was looking up the address for the home we were to go to, I found that the next meeting was on the following Wednesday! We were super glad about this because we did get our chance to rest and re-energize for the rest of the week.

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...