Friday, November 14, 2008

?!?!?!?




So, admist a very hectic end of the week where several of the agents I speak with have made me feel worthless, I leave the apartment this morning with Chester to take him to doggie daycare. Every time he visits, he gets a raving report card, telling us how much fun he is. They are even starting to have nicknames for him, like 'Ears'.









So as I am ready to lock my door, I see an envelope on the front door, which has come from the apartment complex. I opened it up, wondering if it's because we were short somewhere in rent or something else. Inside? A letter:


We have several reports that the dog in your apartment has shown aggressive behavior towards other residents. It has also been seen off of a leash. Your pet is always required to be on a leash, and should not threaten other residents. Please remedy this situation and keep the dog under control, or we will have to pursue further action.






Now, for all of you who know Chester first hand KNOW that this is not the dog described in the letter. Sure, he has no manners, but aggressive? Sure, to get attention! He's great with adults, children (he loves Helen!), and of course, with other pets (well...my parents' cats might say otherwise!)











But of course this has me concerned. People think Cary and I own an aggressive dog! For anyone who truly knows me, I would NEVER allow an aggressive animal in my house. But now, I have a dog that has a reputation!









So, as we continue to pursue to train him and make him listen to us (incuding not barking) I will choose to laugh at this incident and say it came from a resident that is afraid of dogs, including stubborn, playful ones.

Let no stranger come near me, or I'll sic my vicious dog on you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I now know why McKenzie showed aggressive attitude toward me after you watched her for me a few times for a couple of days, I always thought it was because she was mad at me for leaving. Now I know it was all your doing. I am little concerned now leaving her with your mom for 5 days. You know because the apple doesn't fall far from the tree.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...