Sunday, November 9, 2008

A Day In The Life Of A McFadden Gathering

Yesterday, we got together with Cary and his family. Brad, Faith, and Helen were in town from Sulphur Springs, so we decided to get together at his parents' house and eat and do what we do best--play games.




These gatherings are fun, and but can also be tiring from all of the activity. When Cary, Chester, and I showed up around 11, it was just Gary and Helen, as Brad was at work and Brenda and Faith went shopping.




Once Brenda and Faith joined us, it was time to start the hotdogs and hamburgers!!! And of course, as soon as we do that, Brad calls, ready to be picked up. So off Gary and Faith went to retrieve him while Brenda and Cary watching the food on the grill and I played (watched Meet the Robinson's) with Helen.


Close to 45 minutes later, everyone was gathering around the table to eat our yummy grub. Oh, and thanks Faith for the great idea of 2 hotdogs in 1 bun! I'm using that everytime I eat them now (unless they are jumbo dogs!). Helen led us in prayer, and then the food went down the hatch!




I don't remember the conversation much, but I always enjoy sitting around the table with them. Brad usually has some wild story to tell!







After lunch, Faith went off to shop again (taking advantage of the numerous shops in the area) and the rest of us played a game of Cranium (Brad, Gary, and Brenda against Cary, Helen, and me). Somehow (don't let this go to your head!) Cary, Helen, and I lost (bad!) against the other team. Next time guys! :o)




After that, it was Cary and Helen's turn to play a game of Battleship. I had not played in several years, but trying to help Helen beat her uncle was a lot of fun. Let me tell you--Cary is a great uncle, but a loud winner at any game!





Chester? He had himself a blast with a 7 year old to chase him around. After that visit, we went to my parents, where he got to chase cats and run around a freshly watered back yard. He had a great day!







And I would like to thank everyone who helped in wearing Chester out, and giving Cary and I a very restful night's sleep!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...