Friday, June 19, 2009

Chester Antics

I mentioned recently that we have a really entertaining dog. This morning he continued to prove just how silly he was, even though he didn't know he was doing so.

Let me start off by describing Cary's and my bedroom: the bed takes up most of the room, but to get to Cary's side there is a narrow path, with a cabinet and tv sitting on top of the cabinet.

Chester loves to run under the bed, though we can't really figure out how he manages to squeeze under there with his long legs. But he loves to. But he also loves to go crazy and run wild around the apartment.

This morning was the second morning in a row for him to do the 'crazy dog' for me. He runs around all possible furniture, past me, under the bed, and then back out and does it again. On occassion he ran towards Cary's side with the narrow pathway.

I noticed once that instead of fully going to the other side of the bed, Chester seemed to make a super sharp U-turn and run back out to continue his wild running in the rest of the apartment. We continued to play for a moment more when he decided to run to Cary's side again.

This time I watched closely as he tried to make a turn for Cary's side, but instead he was stopped very quickly and suddenly. Let me put it this way: if we had the same cameras that was used for Time Warp*, we would have seen Chester's long snout become a pug face for a split-second.

Apparently, one of his moments of crazy opened up the glass door to the cabinet, and that glass door rested well on the corner of the bed. Becoming an invisible barrier. That Chester had no idea existed. He just looked at me for a moment, kind of in a confused state, and then ran off...I think he was done with 'Crazy Dog' for the time, but I can't wait for the next episode...

I was laughing to the point of tears, and had to call Cary at work and tell him about his dog.

I hope this story describes well the situation, and you find yourself giggling at this silly mutt. I know I am in a happier mood this morning because of him!

* Time Warp--a great show on Discovery Channel that takes standard and anything-but-normal things, films them with a special camera and slows them down so we can see the physics of what is happening. Ex: a man juggling chain saws, cell phones being thrown in a blender, and my favorite so far: a box of set mousetraps with glass Christmas balls on them...when it is set off, it's awesome!!!

1 comment:

Cary said...

silly Mutt!

www.youtube.com/carymcfadden
for more chestMutt antics.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...