Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Saying Goodbye To A Friend...

I knew it was coming; it was inevitable. I mean, how does anyone fit a stroller into that trunk? It barely fit my groceries!




Yes, Monday night was a sad evening for me. I had to bid adieu to my car, my buddy, my Sprite. People recognized me by that green Beetle. Even if it wasn't me, people would think of me. It even sparked numerous conversations (even between Cary and myself!)



Sprite, you may be just a car to most, but to me you were my companion as I took long drives to Austin, traffice jams to work, and protected me so well. It was hard to say goodbye to you, but I have dreams that you will fulfill some teenage girl's dream for her first car. You will do great!






Some favorite memories of Sprite:





Begging dad to go with me to the Volkswagen dealership to JUST SEE what the costs are for a Bug...They had 2 on the lot that I could lease: a green one and a white one. I wanted either green or yellow--so guess where I went from there...



Carefully cutting out the Sprite label on the cardboard box and then adhering it to the back of the car.


Driving to Austin, and also to Texas A&M


Showing her off to my family on Thanksgiving (the same week I got her)


The little kids in my life getting all excited when they saw this car--JJ!




...there are so many memories from 9 years. As I remember them, I should record them here!


**Forgot to mention: we got a Black CX90 Volvo SUV. I'm still getting accustomed to the size, and have asked if we can paint it green so I can find it in a parking lot!

3 comments:

Autumn said...

Awwww...It is so true! Whenever I would see a green bug, I would look to see if it was you driving! What did you end up trading her in for? Lots of great deals out there now!

The Guess Family said...

the perfect mommy-mobile!!! you will love lifting your baby up in to the car, instead of hunkering down to get baby all strapped in.
Not to mention, you will never believe how much room all the gear takes up.
:)

Cary said...

we will always love you Sprite and will always remember dancing with you.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...