Tuesday, November 2, 2010

The Last Of Brylee's Firsts!

Last of Brylee's first holidays, that is. Halloween was so much fun for me, mostly because it was exciting to see how she would handle the ghosts, goblins, silly costumes, and yummy candy, and everything else that came with it!

On Friday, a camera-less day (not by choice!), we made our way around to State Farm to visit my former co-workers and see what kind of fun they had going on there. When we got there, I saw so many wonderful people, missed a couple (Penny and Amy), and everyone seemed so happy to see little Brylee and how much she had grown. I have not forgotten any of them, and miss them all!

After the short visit (half of the group was going to a town hall meeting so the other half was about to get exceedingly busy), Cary, Brylee and I drove to mom's work where we were going to pick her up for lunch. But we also took the adorable kid in to show off her Halloween costume...and of course T-ma was happy to show her off!

After lunch, we went home where we de-gutted 5 pumpkins for the game night the next night. Then it was time to go to Archon to meet Oma and visit them for their Halloween festivities. Funny thing about this moment is, mom had sent me an email reminding me to not forget the camera. And once we left, I realized that, of course, I had forgotten it again! D'oh!

Archon had set out their candy and Oma, Cary, Brylee, and I walked around visiting with Cary's former co-workers and picking out some candy here and there that Brylee cannot have, but yet her mom wanted! (I was actually good though, taking very little candy!) There were so many adorable little kids there, dressed as bunnies, pirates, super heroes, tap dancers...I so wish I had my camera! When we left, Oma took our little flower child to stay the night with her and Opa.

And that is when Cary and I decided to go birthday shopping for our little one. Only 3 weeks away!

Saturday night was game night, and after the early morning air show, we all went home and started the food and last-minute cleaning for it. Mom made chocolate cupcakes, I made chocolate covered pretzels, and both of us made mummy dogs.





And then it was time for the big reveal of the costumes!










Dad was Phantom of the Grand Ol' Opry and mom was a witch...but with the costume and wig, she could have been a Dolly Parton ghost.













Cary, Brylee, Chester and I were music genres: I was 50's rock and roll, Brylee was 60's folk, Chester was 90's grunge, and Cary was gospel.










We were nervous about how Brylee would respond to her T-Ma and Poppy's costumes, but she was actually very comfortable with them, crawling to them and trying to pull off the Phantom's mask. I guess it's all those times she had been surrounded by clowns and she's gotten used to 'different' people.

We had so many guests at this party! My uncle Richard, his girlfriend Kim, and their little one, Ashton (who was a fire fighter).













My high school best friend (and still close friend) Autumn, her husband Jim, and their little boy Evan were there. It was their first game night, and it was so incredibly awesome to have them there! (Autumn was a cereal killer, Jim was Black-Eyed Peas, and little Evan was a temporary dinosaur)













My aunt Amy and cousins Spencer and Stacy were there. Amy was a small town beauty queen, Stacy was also a flower child (like Brylee!), and Spencer was....well, I'm not sure what he was. But he was there, and that is what matters!















My grandma Jarvis was also there, dressed as a (cute) scarecrow.













Another one of my cousins, Erica, was there. She had just come from a football game, so she didn't have a costume on. No worries...again, what matters is the fact that she was there! (and I promised I wouldn't put any pictures of her on the blog because she didn't want her picture taken).

And last, but not least, my uncle Bill. Who dressed up for the first time...as a mime. Great makeup! Almost convincing...except he talked...a lot...














On the agenda for the night was eating mummy-dogs, decorating pumpkins, and of course, games!





























































































































































The party was over around 10:00 that night. It was so much fun, and it was so nice to see everyone and have a great Halloween! Another successful night!

On Sunday, our church had it's annual Trunk Or Treat...which we walked around and saw our friends from hometeams past and present. And our pastor handed out HUGE Kit Kat bars!





































No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...