Saturday, November 13, 2010

The Funniest Geocaching Adventure Yet...

My parents decided on a popular restaurant today for lunch, so Cary and I met them there. As we pulled into a parking spot at the restaurant, Cary pointed at a lightpole and wondered out loud, "Is there a cache in there?" I laughed, knowing that we have checked the area before and there is not one there...

When I got out of the car, I looked and saw that Cary pulled up the skirt to the lightpole and there was a container. I was wrong!

When we opened the container to sign the log, we noticed that it was a brand new log...and when dad and Cary tried to find it on their GPS and Android apps, it was not there. This means that the cache had been placed there and is waiting to be 'published'...or to become public to the geocaching world.

What a hilarious situation! We randomly looked at a location for a cache, found one, and then it even hasn't been made public yet! We have laughed about it all day long. It is a very random thing, something that doesn't happen everyday...I wonder how many times it has happened in the last 10 years (how long geocaching has been popular)...

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...