Wednesday, November 3, 2010

The Irony Of Brylee's New Storytime Mates

For a couple of months now, Lewisville's Public Library has a storytime for toddlers on Mondays and Wednesdays.

Weekly Storytimes
Aug. 30-Dec. 10

Mother Goose Time (Ages 0-15 months)
Mondays, 1:30pm; Wednesdays, 1:30pm; Thursday, 1:30pm
Bennett Program Room
Get in on the fun for babies with this lap-sit program designed to encourage one-on-one interaction between parent and child. Mother Goose Time is 20 minutes of stories, movement, nursery rhymes, songs & parachute play. Note: A parent or caregiver must attend with each infant. Space is limited, so plan to arrive early & pick up a ticket.

I have had it set on Google Calendar since it's beginning with no luck of actually going, for some reason or another...But Cary finally got us
up and going on Monday, eager to check out what they have. And I'm glad that he go us there, because now I'm excited about going twice a week if we can.

I have met some very nice moms (and dads), and better yet, Brylee loves it! There are stories, songs, and her favorite, parachute play!

She has met several other little ones, and I love seeing her interact with them...even though interaction at this stage really isn't much interaction. But we have met little ones that share a birthday super close to her. As in 2 days before, 1 day before, and 1 week later, all at Medical City of Lewisville. And those 3 were boys.

While this post is mainly about the excitement of storytime for her, I couldn't help but notice the irony of some of this.
The night I was born, 20 something years earlier (hey...this is my story!), I was the 3rd out of 4 born, the other three were boys. And I grew up with all 3 of them for some time.

Though Brylee might not go through school with them like I did, she is going to the library's storytime with them.

I am looking forward to taking her back to the storytime again. With the closeness in birthdays coming up, we might just have to celebrate with them somehow!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...