Sunday, November 21, 2010

A Weekend Of Family, Cake, And Giving

And it wasn't even Thanksgiving yet!

Saturday was the Jarvis party for little Brylee's 1st birthday. It was actually the celebration for everyone who has a birthday in November: Barbara, Grandpa J, Erica, Faith, Jeff, Whitney, but it was obvious that all the attention went to her.

The party began around 1:00 when family and friends gathered around to watch Brylee smash up her cake. This group included Bill, Whitney, Amy, Mike, Spencer, Stacy, Erica, Austin, Jeff, Regina, Melissa, my parents and Cary and I. We usually don't have our game nights until around 5 p.m., but dad and Jeff had to go to dj at a wedding, and we wanted to make sure that B-pa got to see his little destroy her cake.

At 1:30 we got some adorable pre-shots of Brylee in her little outfit, and then pulled out the cake and let her go...

And watched her do very little. The girl did not want to go crazy and destroy the cake! She was content with putting her hand in it, tasting a little, and then moving on...We (I) finally got her messy by putting my hand in the icing and putting it on her little face. She was not too happy with it, but I think Whitney got some great shots in anyways.

After letting her play with it for a few minutes, we moved everyone indoors and served up cake. And then dad and Jeff were off!

After a quick bath, Brylee was happy again and ready to play with her guests. And open gifts!










(pre-party when Brylee was playing with her horsey that her friend Dawn gave her)
























(love the turkey tush!)





















Giving Austin a little football peptalk










She enjoyed playing with the cans that we asked for people to bring for donating. Our goal was to collect her weight's worth...16 1/2 lbs, but ended up with 42.6 lbs. And that is only for what was there! A dear friend of mine said she donated 8 bags worth of food to her local shelter just a day before! Thank you for such generous donations, everyone! I hope this helps others have a very happy and tasty holiday season!










Her daddy helped her unwrap her gifts since she lost interest in unwrapping them quickly. But she loved the outcomes!










Around 7 p.m. my cousin Kim showed up with her husband and 3 little girls, Addison, Reagan, and Gracyn. They all played so well together! Kim brought some toys and clothes that her little ones have grown out of, doubling her gifts that she had already received! Books, videos, puzzles, oh my! What an amazing gift! Thank you Addison, Reagan, and Gracyn for all of the adorable things! Brylee is so excited to play and wear all of these!

Here are some additional gifts she received:










This beautiful purple and pink quilt that her Great Granny W made her. It reminds me of my favorite quilt I have now she had made when I was in middle school. I can't wait to show her how I use mine for naps still, and she will someday do the same!










More gifts she received includes several books, a walker/scooter, 2 outfits and 1 jammie set, a tea party set, an alphabet caterpillar, a bath toy, a glow worm, tons of bubbles, a bucket that helps with shapes...the list goes on and on!

My favorites? Well, everything of course! But I am really excited about one of her books that introduces more words. It is more advanced than the Little Einstein book she has, and so much more added...those home made flash cards are no longer needed!

































A super big THANK YOU! to everyone who came to the party, and for all of her wonderful gifts. She is one truly blessed little girl, and I love that she has so many amazing people in her life!

And after all of this, she still wasn't finished! On Sunday, her Oma and Opa gave her 3 adorable outfits and a music cd. AND she has more to go when we visit Uncle Brad, Aunt Faith, and Cousin Helen on Wednesday for the McFadden Thanksgiving. I can't wait to post more!

But for now, I'll leave you with a tease of the adorable pictures that Whitney took on Saturday. Please check out her website to see more of them! And I strongly recommend her for all of your portrait needs...she is excellent!




































November is now my favorite month! What a gorgeous day to celebrate friends and family, and just have an awesome party. I hope everyone else had as much fun as we did, and I can't wait for Thursday to do it all again!

1 comment:

Brad McFadden said...

that header pic with her holding the balloon is to die for! heheheh

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...