Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Hockey!

On Saturday, November 12, Cary and I experienced our first AHL game in Maine--the Portland Pirates versus the Providence Bruins.

Before the game, Cary and I took the opportunity to go birthday shopping for Brylee, and then went to dinner at IHOP, where I attempted some exquisite pancakes:  white chocolate chip peppermint.  Oh my!  So delicious, but I know that this is a try-once-per-holiday thing.  Cary had pecan praline pancakes, which he also raved about.  
 

As always, hockey is exciting and fun to go to--and the experience made even more fun when you sit at the boards...hence all of the pictures of close-up hockey players...I was determined to get a face-against-the-plexiglass-picture...and these ended up being the best shots.




This guy became my favorite 'player'...well, because the poor guy had to sit at the end of the rink, where his team entered and exited the ice.  The benches were too small for him to even sit with his team!


 



The final score of the night was 4-2.  I love the saying, "Never leave a hockey game", and this is why this is so true:  the score was 3-2 with the Pirates in the lead.  With 1 1/2 minutes left in the game, the Bruins pulled their goalie (not the guy sitting in the swivel chair) to allow a 6th man on the ice, but as the buzzer went off signalling the end of the game (literally), the Pirates scored an empty-netter, giving them a finishing score of 4-2.  Go Pirates!!!
Hockey is the best, especially live!  Can't wait to go again, and perhaps take little B with us.  I think she might even enjoy the players slamming into the boards!

Go Pirates!!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...