Thursday, August 7, 2008

First Day As An Aunt



Well, technically, I've been an aunt for almost 8 months now. But yesterday was the first trial to see how GOOD of an aunt I can be. Now I see the joy my aunts Amy, Kelly, and Kathie got chasing us around as kids.

A lot of my focus for the day was to keep Helen happy. The evening was booked for the circus, and her uncle Cary was getting her at 1:30, so I got to entertain her from 7:30 a.m. until lunch time. Girls day!
We went driving around for some errands (Chester needed heartworm prevention) and then we went to Target, where she and I picked out a game to play. We chose Mousetrap (it's been forever since I've played this!!) and then I picked up so other items...she's such a trooper!

Then it was back to the apartment for entertainment by Hannah Montana, Spongebob Squarepants, Chester, and of course, Mousetrap!


Our lunch visitors were her dad, her Oma, and Cary. After lunch, it was on to my parent's house to get ready for the circus! She met Ashes and Petunia beforehand so that she could get a feel of what clowns were like, in hopes to keep her from being too afraid of them.

I didn't get to see her again until we were in the massive crowd of circus patrons visiting the Greatest Show On Earth before the show. Clowns were everywhere (see Send In The Clowns blog), acrobats were showing their skills, families were crowding around for photo opportunities. Again, what a trooper! She stuck close to her Uncle Cary and me the entire time, not showing any fear of so many people, and no complaining!

She was rewarded with pizza, snowcone in a keepsake pony mug, a spinning flashy light, and a big hat...needless to say, the circus seemed to excite her, and she slept well that night!
Today she goes back to her parents. I can get a good night's sleep (I slept very lightly last night just in case she needed her aunty) but I enjoyed the time we had together. As well as the circus items mentioned above, she is going home with a dancing Wall-E figure, just like the one Cary gave me!
I hope you had fun Helen! We need to do it again soon!


No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...