Sunday, August 17, 2008

Mom's Great Get-togethers!








Last night, we got together for what is probably our 8th (or so) family game night. What started out as an evening for Cary and me with my parents (we do that every Saturday night) has turned into a once-a-month party that consists of my uncle, aunt, and friends and family that join us along the way.

Last night was the largest gathering we have had yet. What usually has been mom, dad, Cary, Bill, Ivan and myself, last night consisted of:



Mom, dad, Cary, Bill, Kelly, Rebecca (Kelly's girlfriend), Preston (Rebecca's son), Melissa, John, Erica, Austin, and myself.






We all turned up for what seemed to be a mini-Thanksgiving. And of course, the great time and good food credit goes to my mom.



It was Bill's birthday earlier in the month, so we celebrated with a cake that Cary and I labored all day over. (See Wall-E cake) We had roasted chicken, roasted potatoes, mac and cheese, beans, salad...a Thanksgiving meal in August!






After that, the 10 adults sat at the table and played Apples to Apples. There was so much laughing going on, and we played the game 3 times because we were having such a great time. When we finally ended it around 9:45, everyone was so tired from the talking and laughing. For anyone that ever asks, I HIGHLY recommend Apples to Apples!



The night, as every game night, was wonderful and tons of fun. It is growing almost every month, and it is welcoming thing. There is nothing more fun than good company with family and friends!






And a very happy birthday to my uncle Bill. May it be filled with happiness, love, and joy. And of course many more years of your favorite neice and new nephew-in-law. We love you!











No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...