Friday, August 15, 2008

Let the Games Begin!












Who has been watching the Olympics?

This has been the first year that I have watched anything in quite a while. I am always a fan of the Women's Gymnastics. Those girls are phenomenal! And it looks like they are taking home the gold and silver this year...Go USA!!!

I have to say, though, that one of my other favorite events is fencing. I have never seen a match on tv, let alone the Olympics. I fenced for 2 years several years ago, and won my share of medals, but nothing like the Olympics (see geeky photo of me on the right). In fact, I think the majority of mine were out of pure luck. First place Women's Sabre out of 2 women competing...

But did you hear about the Women's Individual Sabre? 3 Americans took home all 3 medals...VERY impressive for the Olympics. Makes me want to put on my tight jacket and mask and get out that sword again...WOW!
What have you watched? Michael Phelps break all sorts of crazy records? Those Chinese 16 year olds (more like 14 or 15) For the first time in a very long time, I've got Olympic fever (well, kinda...)

As of this moment, USA has 46 medals, with China in close 2nd with 41...what a tight competition!

Bring on the Winter Games!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I think your dad would like to do some fencing too. We were talking about the lucky hit you got on your dad and took 3rd place from him. LOL Did you hear it is wireless now?I think the mask would be a little warmer now with the plexi glass.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...