Sunday, August 17, 2008

WALL-E Cake

Second try yesterday for the professional cake baking thing. This time, I had assistance. And man, he's good!

My uncle requested a red velvet cake for his birthday celebration, and Cary and I decided to go all out. First, it started with a visit to Michael's, where we found a WALL-E shaped cake pan (Cary wanted Dora the Explorer, but WALL-E won out).



I have only made cakes from scratch once before (see Watch Out Chef Duff) and I was of course nervous about the cake not tasting good. I mean, red velvet is quite a request!!!




When we finally got the red velvet made (and I do mean Red!), and baked, we started with the icing.







I've seen people decorate cakes before, and it looked like fun. But I had no idea it would be messy fun! There was icing everywhere!
And in so many colors! Cary did a great job of mixing the right colors together and bringing WALL-E to life.
Little stars here, outlines there...How do people do it day in and day out? But I can't complain too much. I got to play with food, which hopefully was enjoyed by our company last night.



Oops! Looks like Cary and Chester got caught! Fortunately I have the advantage of creating the blog, so I get to keep out the pictures of me digging into the icing!










Our finished product...great improvement compared to the past. I wonder how the cake would look if Cary and I didn't have such great teamwork...Maybe a professional decorating job isn't so far away...
Now, how did it taste?!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I can testify that it tasted GREEAAAT!

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...