Sunday, August 31, 2008

Chester's Big Day


Yesterday, Cary and I took the opportunity to drop little Chester off at my parents' house while we went to Sulphur Springs to visit Cary's family. Wow! What a day he had!

A written account of Chester's Day, written by mom as seen in the eyes of Chester:
Oh Boy, Oh Boy! Mom and dad said I'm going to spend the day at thegrandparents today while they go to Sulphur Springs. A day laying out bythe pool. Getting spoiled. Relaxation.
Oh mom, dad you missed the turnto O-Ma and O-Pa's. Wait a minute you are not telling me we are going tothe grandparents and it's a trick to get me to the vet?(panic) Oh wait we passed the vet office so, well maybe they decided to take me to SulphurSprings too. That should be fun.
Wait a minute. This area looks familiar.Hey, it's that bully cat, Ditto's house. Tell you what, I will stay in thecar until you get done with your business and we can be on our way. Please don't make me get out. Hey! LEAVE MY STUFF IN THE CAR, I'M NOT STAYING! Hello T-Ma, well all seems okay for now. Hello Ditto. AHHHH I got slapped 4 times in 1. I'm just saying hello!
I guess I could use a bathroom break before we get on the road. Well the back yard does not have a pool. O-Ma and O-Pa's does. Well I guess it is nice enough with the plants and flowers. Grass is nice and thick.
Hey where is mom and dad? That was not nice of them to leave me with these bully cats. Well I will try to make the best of it. Wow, there are some big dogs across the ally. Hello! Wait I hear more but I don't see them, I will talk with them too. Oh look more across the driveway. This is cool.
Oh a car.....if that fence had not been there I would have caught that car. That was a nice little run. Another one!
Mom, dad your back! So soon? Do we have to leave already? Oh B-Pa is outside grilling supper, more time to run and talk with my friends.
Mom and dad let me tell you about my day: I made some new friends. I chased after cars. I ran and hopped all over the yard. I got to pay fetch and tug a war. Every time we went out someone was waving at T-Ma. I played some with B-Pa's brother Eric when he came over.
I did let T-Ma know that I was not happy with her putting me in my crate while she helped him put some things in his truck. I showed her! She said she could hear me barking all the way out at the street. (I was in the kitchen) I got to ride in T-Ma's car. We need one of those! I had a whole area to myself and I could just lay down. T-MA said I did really good.
I tried real hard to make friends with the cats but I don't think that worked well. At least Vader just yells at me, no hitting.
T-MA and I walked down to the corner of Mulberry and Holly Oak and back. Oh I ran into the glass door when I saw someone walking by. OUCH! T-Ma quit laughing so hard! I played , ran and chased more cars,talked with my new friends, fetched and played tug a war some more.
I didn't get a chance to play with B-Pa much. He was working on some things and then got called out to a drowning. You know I'm really tired now. I think I will go lay down over here and res...zzzzz
**Note: once we got home, we sat on the couch and watched a little tv. Chester enjoys pestering us at that time, putting a cold nose or his toys on us, but we didn't see or hear from him for the next 1 1/2 to 2 hours. We found him laying in the closet, wiped out!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...