Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Adventures in Sleeping

So, as any newly married couple know, sometimes its not easy to adjust to sleeping in the same bed with someone. Well, I have been very interesting for Cary since December 15, 2007. There are nights that he loves to tell the story over and over again...

And don't worry. This is rated G...completely innocent, but very funny.

  1. One night, Cary was sleeping very comfortably when I suddenly raised my arm, pointed at the ceiling fan and said, "What's that?!". Cary jumped, and suddenly very awake, asked me what I saw. I rolled over and mumbled something about, "Oh nothing. It was just a dream."...I distinctly remember feeling his heart pound very hard for the next few minutes as I calmly went back to sleep, but left him feeling like something truly happened and we were in trouble.

  2. Another night, Cary was dreaming that there was an intruder in the apartment, and he was trying to get up and fight him. The next morning he was telling me this very vivid dream he had had and how it still was affecting him, even fully awake. "I was trying so hard to fight this intruder, but I couldn't move because you were holding on to me..."At that point, I asked, "So, is that why you were kicking me?" He had woke me up that night kicking me (luckily not very hard) in the middle of his dream!


  3. Chester went through nights that his tummy was not acting right. Sometimes I had to get up in the middle of the night to walk him, and sometimes a second time. And it never failed--I had trouble going back to sleep afterwards. My brain would wake up, and I would toss and turn, and think about work, church, my family, and Chester....Let me say that I'm ready for a doggie door! Well, after about a week of going through this, I decided to try to get Cary to walk him during the midnight madness, just so I could fall asleep more easily again. One night I walked Chester about 2:00. Well, about 4:00, Chester walked over to the front door and rang the 'door bell' (we have some bells hanging down so he can tell us when he needs to go). This time was Cary's turn. I started saying his name, but because I was so tired, I had a very difficult time of getting the word out. Finally I did, but not before I was elbowing him beside me. When Cary stirred, I said, "Chester rang the doorbell"...so as a wonderful husband that he is, he crawled out of bed to dutifully walk our dog. However once he did this, I realized that Chester couldn't have rang the 'door bell', because we close our bedroom door to keep him in the bedroom! Also, Cary later told me that when he got up, Chester was snuggled comfortably under the bed...


  4. One evening last week we were sleeping very comfortably. Around 1:00 in the morning, our upstairs neighbor gets home, waking up Chester. He gave a bark, as he for some reason can't stop going crazy at the noise made upstairs. Cary raised his head off of my arm to say 'no'. For some reason I thought that Chester was laying on my arm, so I pushed Cary's head back down. Then I realized that his hair did not match Chester's fur. Still in a sleep-daze, I mumbled, "Sorry...wrong dog"...

Stay tuned for more midnight madness in the McFadden family! :o)

1 comment:

The Guess Family said...

Wait until you have kids and get REALLY sleep deprived. Tommy sleeps through everything with the girls now, and has become unaware of thier sounds, which is fine, since he gets up early to go to work.

But, once in the very beginning when I thought he could change Addison's diaper and then bring her to me to nurse, he put the new diaper ON TOP of the old diaper, handed me a twice diapered baby, and stumbled back to bed. He didn't remember a thing the next morning!

Also if we ever wake up to noise, I automatically assume the house is on fire and start getting ready to get the kids out, and he always assumes thier is an intruder and he needs to protect us. We have alarms for both....so both scenarios are unlikely, but who can rationalize anything when you are in a deep sleep.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...