Tuesday, February 24, 2009

I Weighed In Today...

And after about a month of eating healthier, like fruits and granola bars for breakfast, salads and Special K for lunch, and a very sensible dinner consisting of chicken, veggies, and rice (2nd week into brown) the results are in: 1 pound lost.

That's right--1 lousy pound. I've even cut out sodas--including diet! If I have any soda at all, it is once a week at dinner out. And it's been replaced with 140 fl. oz of healthy clear H2O daily...

Oh yeah--and 3-4 times a week of going to play tennis or walking/jogging for 45 minutes...

I'm on a positive track, right?

The only hope that I have lingering after a long day is that when I weighed in, it was at 4:30 p.m., as opposed to 10:30 a.m. That's a 6 hour time difference. Just enough for 90+ fl oz of water and a lunch of a (delicious!) cajun chicken sandwich--a treat from Cary for good obedience for a while.

I am having a talk with myself and trying to say that everything will work out for me. But with London just around the corner, and not to mention the thoughts of children have me scared. I want so bad to be healthy; for a lifetime of adventures and fun with the ones I love.

So I end tonight with a sad, hurt heart and a low self-confidence. Tomorrow I will take myself to Kohl's (alone so Cary doesn't have to see me in tears) to buy a new outfit for a meeting with an executive on Thursday. If I don't find something that fits and makes me look somewhat decent, maybe I'll call in sick on Thursday....

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...