Tuesday, February 24, 2009

A Change In Perspective...

Coming back to work after an incredible lunch with my Cary (he brought me cajun chicken and sweet potato fries!!!), I briefly heard a story on KLTY, which is one of Dallas' Christian radio stations.

This lady called in because they were discussing stress and she wanted to add her story: Her baby, Caroline, is 4 weeks old and has yet to come home with her parents. This baby is in Children's Medical NICU, and her mommy drives 60 miles each day to see her beloved baby.
This, as so many stories do, gives me a change in perspective. How truly blessed am I to have the family I have, to have a husband I am crazy about, to live only 5 minutes from home, and not worry about debt and stress right now? My evenings are spent watching tv, reading, playing with my dog, or taking a walk without a care.

Along with the radio, I read so many blogs; and so many have felt pain or a loss, or are facing loneliness while their husbands are fighting a war in another country. And no doubt that these families are in my prayers.

I try to keep a reality check by reading these, and remembering to turn to God in every event, no matter how large or small it is.

These blogs that I read and follow (Bring The Rain, Kelly's Korner, Confessions of a Yummy Mummy, First Comes Love...then comes Marriage, and so many others) help me see how strong His followers are, and they are an inspiration to me.

I may never know these people individually, just be a follower of their blog, but I feel like I have made life-long friends that I can only hope I will be like if ever faced with situations they have overcome.

My prayers are there for you, and I lift each of you up, and praise the Good Lord for bringing you into my lives. Thanks to Him who continually blesses me and keeps me, my family and friends, and keeps us in His loving arms!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...