Thursday, February 5, 2009

Advice Please!

For anyone who's had a puppy or currently has one they are training--Do you have any good advice on how to get them to stop chewing???

Chester has a bed for himself, actually this is the 3rd one, and it is looking not-so-good now...We have tried things from:

holding up the fluff he pulls out and saying "Bad Chester" (he literally crawls under our bed and sulks for a few minutes)

spritzing that 'Bitter Apple' (or other brand) stuff on it, and other things (he seems to enjoy it though...)

And even taking the bed away and make him lay on the floor (or hard crate bottom).

My uncle Bill solved his puppy Nina's problem by removing all cloth/fuzzy toys from her. He said she was cured of the chewing habit within 2 weeks. Cary and I have removed all of Chester's cloth toys (he now only gets Kong-type toys), but still decides to chew on his bed (which was taken away from him for several months), and tries to find other soft, cloth things to chew on!

Any advice anyone???

I know! The first post of February, and it's about THIS!?!??!?! :o)

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...