Saturday, February 7, 2009

Traveling In February

Whew!!!  What a weekend!  And it's only Saturday!

The last 2 weekends have been spent travelling to Sulphur Springs to see Cary's family (actually Mema, because Brad, Faith, and Helen got sick the night before, and we didn't get a chance to see Granny), and then my family in Paris, TX.

I have not been to Paris in over 2 years, and it was good to see my family again.  Sondra, Aunt Louise, and Uncle Jimmy joined us at Sondra's, where Cary, dad, and I actually surprised them 
because mom didn't tell them that we were coming.

Both trips were long and very draining, but seeing family is always very special to me.  I do hope my family in Paris (and everywhere else for that matter) knows how much I love them.

What did Cary think of his first trip to the Paris country?  Well, he lived there when he was in the 4th grade, but after meeting my family and seeing my cousin's farm, he asked:  "So, can we have a goat?"

I'll leave you tonight with my favorite picture:  Look at the smile on this doll!!

1 comment:

The Guess Family said...

If you ever have a litte girl, you have to get her the book, "Fancy Nancy and the boy from Paris". Fancy Nancy is a VERY FANCY little girl and she is so excited to hear that a new boy is moving to her class from Paris....it seems though, by then end of the book, it may not be the Paris she was thinking.

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...