Sunday, November 15, 2009

Another Action Packed Saturday

Saturday was quite a fun day. My friend Beth was in town to sell her crafts at an annual craft fair that is held every year by the Catholic school she attended. She had a baby about 4 months ago, so I was eager to meet little Noah.
We got to the craft fair and spent about 30 minutes with her, and Noah is just the cutest little boy you could meet. We decided that since the fair was noisy and a distraction that we would meet up for dinner a little later. So for that time, we parted ways, and Cary and I went to meet up with my mom.

There is a really great Christmas store in Arlington that Cary and I enjoy going to. Mom hasn't been there, but she has heard us talk about it many times, and wanted to check it out. Saturday was the day.
With Chester happily in the backyard, we drove out to Arlington and went to this store:


Talk about getting into the holiday spirit! It was a busy place, which is not unusual, but it did not stop us from wandering around and looking in awe at everything around us.

Of course, I will admit, I was there on a mission. When Cary and I went there in August, we found this really cute statue. It was only afterwards that I realized I wanted it. So when we got there, I went straight to the location I had seen it before, but I was very sad to see it was not there.

So I joined Cary and mom again to wander around the store, and of course we found all kinds of things I thought would be 'perfect' for our holidays. Of course, if we were to truly get any of that, then we would literally have no place for anything. But I have lots of neat ideas for the future...let's just see if it includes the life-sized bear that Cary found!

As mom and I were looking in the last section of the store, I found the statue I was hoping to come across:

I think this is so cute!!! Of course, this time I did not put it down after seeing it, and it will be joining our decorations this year, and in future years as well.

After we left the store, we drove home, picked up Chester, and then on to the apartment to clean up and get ready for the evening. Brylee's room is more organized (for now), and the apartment is looking good. And I got about 30 minutes of a nap!

Cary and I met Beth and little Noah at Cheddar's for dinner, where Noah slept peacefully for half the visit. When he did wake, he watched us for a while. Pretty soon it was dinnertime for him. Beth came by to see our apartment so we could chat a little longer after the restaurant, and Chester got to meet Noah. He did so well! He has been around kids before, but not any this young.

The funniest moment we had was when Chester got excited about his toy, barked loudly, startled Noah, and then didn't know how to handle the crying tot. He came to me (I was in the kitchen) and looked at me like he was afraid that he was in trouble and apologizing. Poor thing! He doesn't know what's about to hit him, does he?

I didn't get any pictures of Beth or Noah, partially because I didn't want Beth to think I was some kind of crazy paparrazi, but also because I was tired and didn't want to hunt down the camera. But it was SO good to see Beth again. I am terrible at keeping up with her, but she is such a great person. I need to get better at this keeping in touch thing. I don't want to lose the people I care so much about!

Oh, and check out this awesome gift that we got from Beth:
She put it together herself! It has diapers, a hat, receiving blankets, a nightgown, little socks...and more diapers! Seriously, this girl has talent (she can make jewelry, dream catchers, and now these diaper cakes!), and I will recommend these to any of my friends, family, or coworkers who are expecting! I'm going to hate taking it apart.
Ok. So I have written 4 posts in the last 3 hours, and I have finally run out of things to write about (for now). This week should prove to be interesting as I have a nice list of things to do (Christmas shopping, packing the hospital bage...) but let's see if anything is interesting enough to blog about.
Happy November 16th week to everyone!

No comments:

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...