Sunday, November 1, 2009

Baby Shower

Sunday brought us another fun filled day with having a baby shower. My aunt Amy and cousin Erica were amazing in putting it together, making the decorations, invitations, and making me feel so spoiled!

A last minute change happened on Saturday when I peeked on Facebook and saw that my aunt, who was originally hosting the party at her house, had an emergency at her home, and well, the party was moved to my parents' house. I got the joy of contacting some of my friends and informing them of the move. Poor Amy! It's not as if she is facing enough chaos already by planning!

When I arrived at 1:00, I found mom, Amy, and Erica hard at work getting everything put together. But I wanted to help out where I could. Surprisingly enough, I got to help punch polka-dots for the table decorations! All around the house mom put out little things for the decorations...beautiful pink floweres (roses and lillies I think), a little sign added to our wire scarecrow, and a banner on the door.

When I looked at the other decorations that Amy put together, I was in awe:



An amazing cake (seriously--the circle idea is something I thought of for Cary's and my wedding cake!)





And in this picture, you can see the polka-dots and squiggles that completed the look for the cake. I wonder if people know how much I like polka-dots!!!!







Clever little diapers with M&Ms for the guests







This beautiful banner, which now resides above Brylee's bed






Erica brought some beautiful balloons. I love the combination of pink and chocolate. When she first sent out the invitations, I took one look at them and fell in love--she somehow knew that green, pink, and chocolate (and polka-dots!) described me (and now Brylee) perfectly!



The guests started arriving around 1:45-2:00, and I was amazed at the number that were able to make it. Let's see if I can remember all of them:

Family:

Mom
Amy
Erica
Brenda
Faith
Helen
Mema
Peggy
Gail
Barbara
Granny J
Grandma W
Kim
Ashton

Friends and co-workers:

Lori
Melissa
Regina
Teresa
SaBra
Kimberly
Autumn
For a fun game, Amy and Erica put together 19 diapers with chocolate/candy, warmed them up slightly, and then passed them around the room for us to smell and try to guess which candy was in each diaper. Helen and I got 11 out of 19 right. And I thought I knew my candy better than that! Guess it means that I just need to eat more...

I was surrounded by so many thoughtful people, that we had to split the gift opening. I opened about 1/2 the gifts, and then took a break for some (ultra yummy) cake.

The cake had 2 flavors: on top strawberry (my favorite ever!) and the bottom was chocolate. Very tasty. And it was Amy's first time making/designing a cake like that. Unfortunately, it also sent her into early retirement. But I can always brag that I was lucky enough to be one of the few to experience Mamy's Creations!

I received so many wonderful items, from bibs (14 I think) to little outfits, an activity mat, spoons, bathing items, embroidered items (burp cloths and a jacket among the few), stuffed animals, booster seats. bottles, hooded towels, and one of my favorites: sock monkey slippers for me to wear at the hospital. They are so comfy!































When the party came to an end, a lot of people had to leave because the next day was Monday. Some drove from a few hours away, others had just got back from a vacation. But it was so good to see all of them, and even reconnect with some (It was so awesome to see you Autumn!)
Somehow, Brenda managed to fit everything into her SUV, and then we drove back to the apartment, where Cary and Gary already were. We even had extras, like leftover balloons, cake, and other party decor!
At the apartment, I was met with yet another amazing gift: a glider and ottoman! I had my eyes on one because they look perfect for a late night's comfort, but when Cary and I talked, we decided on borrowing my mom and dad's rocking chair to cut down on the cost, but also because I was rocked in this chair. All we would need is a cushion, and voila!, instant comfort.
But what another way to brag about how great my husband is. The chair is so comfy!!! I can't wait to take advantage of it while holding a wee one in the wee hours of the morning.

2 comments:

The Guess Family said...

you won't regret your chiar and ottoman! We went back and forth about my rocker when I was pregnant with Addison. They were so expensive, we almost didn't buy one. Then we bought the chair, but not the ottoman. Finally we ordered the ottoman a week later. All that to say it is one of my most favorite pieces of furniture. I can't even begin to count the hours and hours I have spent rocking, reading and singing with my babies in that chair. All 4 girls still pile in there with me everyday!!!

MommyTof3 said...

Yep-a MUST have!!!!!!It will be worth its weight in gold....:)
What a lovely shower-talk abt spoiled...LOLOL;)LOLOL

Ninjago With A Special Guest

So we took B to go see Ninjago, The LEGO movie a couple of weeks ago, and by we, I mean Cary, myself, my dad, and...my grandfather. Odd co...